Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Getting a Pedi with Nicole Kidman

O.K. I said I would only post about once a week but I can't help it. I was telling my Mom about seeing Nicole Kidman in the 818 a few weeks ago & I got the thrill back about the sighting. So I must reveal. I was sitting in my usual small, Asian-run nail salon on Ventura Blvd. (which shall remain nameless - you are welcome Nicole), feet soaking in hot water, InStyle magazine on my lap, and in walks (I should say strolls) Nicole Kidman. My jaw dropped & my mag did as well. The owner was so excited, she came right over to me and whispered, "Did you see who just walked in? That is Nicole Kidman." "Yes, yes, I know, I can't believe it," I whispered back. "She come in 2 time, this her second time," confided the beaming owner.

Nicole was the epitomy of grace - not looking pregnant at all I must add. She had on a darling sheath dress in beige, a matching bag (I think it was Channel), and peep-toe flats in beige with small, red, leather lines outlining the front & back. Her whole outfit probably costs more than my car (and I drive a Mercedes). I am guessing she loves the lack of attention, the ability to walk in, and they do give a great mani/pedi at a reasonable price. I am also guessing she must live off Coldwater Cyn somewhere, as I saw her & Keith at the Polo Lounge a couple of years back.

Yes, it can be fun living in L.A.! And living in the 818 is cool - don't try to argue that, even Nicole hangs on Ventura Blvd. on a hot, Saturday morning.

4 comments:

The Mrs. said...

That is awesome. I live here too but love seeing stars! Why the hell did she not look preggers! she's due in July!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Oh how fun!! Though it bothers me that she has almost no baby bump. Not that it's my business but I am still not entirely convinced there is a real bun in that oven. :)

Cena @ Unexpected Necessities said...

Hi,
Thanks for the comment on my blog....I would have passed OUT if I saw NK.

I noticed that you collect McCoy pottery...My mom has several pieces (Calypso planter & grape urn &brown canisters) that were passed down from my great-grandmother.

I never knew McCoy existed until we started researching the value last year. I'm always on the lookout for it now.

Elliott said...

OMG - I FPH (freakin' puffy heart) Nicole. I think she's the epitome of grace in the modern era. It broke my heart when Keith had to go to rehab but obviously it worked out quite well for their growing family. :)