Monday, July 28, 2008

Cell Phones, Texting & Concerts, Oh My!

Am I just old? What is wrong with people at concerts these days? Why can't they just sit, watch & listen to a concert? We saw John Mayer at the Comcast Center in Manfield, MA - he was amazing! But the people sitting in front of us were so annoying! The "girlfriend" was texting during the entire concert and recording the concert in between texting (see photo)! I was ready to lose it with her as she held up her cell phone in front of my face! Her "meat-head" boyfriend was wearing the flag hat you see in the corner of the picture below - this was an evening concert & we were under a roof, dude you are so rude! My 11-year-old son behind you could barely see anything because of your big head & hat! I am restraining myself from certain words, but I was pissed! Then their buddy had to chat about every song to the "meat-head" guy! Don't people care that they spent $100+ on a concert ticket? Why don't they just stay home if they are going to text and talk during the entire show? Obviously they could care less about hearing John Mayer sing, play, and tell his cute stories. Holding on to my cell is the last thing on my mind. Is it just me, but I hope cell phones are banned from concerts soon? Would you do that during a performance of the Nutcracker, or during the Symphony?

5 comments:

Kate said...

I don't get it either. If you are texting or taking photos the whole time you are missing everything happening on stage!

Petunia said...

What morons! I would have been annoyed, too! But then texting in general kinda annoys me!

Well, you are lucky to have at least gone to that concert! I love John Mayer's music.

The Mrs. said...

Totally annoying and RUDE!

Jill said...

My husband and I always joke (kind of) that we really enjoy concerts, movies, eating out....except for all the PEOPLE. For some reason it seems like people in general are so oblivious to the others around them. Common courtesy isn't so common anymore. It's because we interact with things (wii, phones, videos) more than we interat with people.

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

People are so rude! Whenever I hear someone using one of those damn walky-talky cell phones I want to scream. Not only do we now have to hear your end of the convo but also your friend's end AND that beep beep sound in between each person talking. Ahhhhh!