Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Summer Fun Here We Come






As I mentioned in my first post we spend summers back east, and we are about to depart L.A. for the fun times you see above. Sailing, tennis, golf, lobsters, cocktail parties, kayaking, bike riding, friends & family - it couldn't get much better than that. Although we also get to enjoy jet lag, mosquitos, humidity, thunder storms, green heads, sunburns, mother-in-law, etc. But I'm not complaining - I feel very lucky to get to enjoy another part of the country with my children. A place where we never lock our doors, we leave bikes on the front lawn, walk or ride bikes everywhere, have an account at the General Store, friends stop by unannounced for coffee, we sip cocktails in rocking chairs on the porch, and so on....
Life as it used to be.......Life as it should be.........So NOT L.A.

8 comments:

The Mrs. said...

Sounds so amazing. Dying to know where exactly you're going!

AEG said...

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog!
Added you to my reader :) can't wait yo read more!
Hope you all have a safe and wonderful trip back East!

*Pink Preppy Party Girl* said...

Sounds like it is going to be a wonderful summer. Nothing like the east coast.

Muffy said...

HEY! HEY! L.A. ain't so bad! Just not as homey or safe or family friendly or...I better stop. ;)

Have a great time!

Preppy Lizard said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Can't wait to keep reading yours.

Have a great time on your vacation.
The paisly shirt you wondered about is Michael Kors and I got it at Macys. I also saw it online at macys.com if you don't have a Macy's near you.

Anonymous said...

What great pictures! I looks like the perfect summer vacay :)

Brie said...

Hope you have an amazing time! Thank you so so much for commenting about Boston. I'm sure I will have 21 questions once I visit :) Can't wait to read more of your blog! --Brie

kelly said...

how fun! i've always dreamed of "summering" back east. it sounds wonderful! i'm definitely jealous. you better be reporting often so i can live vicariously through you!