Monday, June 9, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Patty's House - St. Remy, Provence
Patty & Trish Visit Les Baux, France
(Patricia Deux, as the locals called us)
Me in the Poppy Field


As I put a load of laundry in the machine & pop a pizza in the oven for the kids on this unexciting Mundane Monday I must transport myself for a brief moment to April 30, 2008. On my birthday this year I flew to St. Remy, Provence, France for 10 glorious days. I had not been to Europe in 9 years! What made me go? My good friend Patty, (middle picture w/me in Les Baux). She has owned a house there for 7 years (top picture) and has invited us several times. We always had an excuse - work, kids, no one to watch the kids etc. Well, she decided to sell her house! So I HAD to go, this was my last chance. My wonderful husband stayed home with the kids. It was the trip of a lifetime. We ate the most incredible meals, some 3 hours long. We drank fabulous wines, sometimes a few bottles with lunch. We visited the most charming villages, shopped, took pictures, went for a grueling hike behind the asylum where Van Gogh lived & painted, walked into town for croissants and coffee in the morning, read by the pool, aaahhhhhhh! Thank you for letting me go there for a few fabulous minutes with you today!
Au Revoir France, until tomorrow!

6 comments:

The Mrs. said...

I do the same thing with my trip to Greece. I go there in my mind on many a mundane monday!

Suburban prep said...

Looks fabulous.
Glad you had a grand time.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Yours looks great - love the Provence photos - it's a beautiful part of the world - what more could you want from live? Culture, beaches, style, gastronemy, wine, fields of lavender... ooh la la!

Anonymous said...

oh - forgot to add - you can buy the shirts from www.joulesclothing.com - that have some lovely children's clothing as well

Elliott said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love Provence...it's my favorite part of France, I think. :)

As for swaps; they are super-duper fun. In fact, PPC just did a great post about it:

http://preppypinkcrocodile.blogspot.com/2008/06/little-info.html

Since she's the one that I see about swaps, I though I'd point you to the master. ;) Have a great day!

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

Your trip sounds/looks fabulous. Is there anything better than 3 hour meals?!? On my recent trip to Europe and as always, I find it weird to have to ask for the check but we rush too much over here. Nothing better than good food and conversation. Thanks for sharing! :)