Friday, June 20, 2008

Super Mom (just for today!)

I don't usually pat myself on the back, but it is 10:30pm & I've had 7 kids over our house since 11 this morning. My son had 3 friends over and my daughter had 2. All are wonderful, perfectly behaved kids, which made my day pretty easy. I took them all out to lunch, then we stopped for frozen yogurt, can home and swam & swam again & again. We ordered pizza for dinner, watched Disney's Premier of Camp Rock, (of course, who could miss that). We went for a night swim, played soccer for over an hour, and had multiple glasses of water (it was about 110 degrees in L.A. today). The last 2 kids just got picked up by their parents - whew! My kids instantly crashed and are sound asleep. I sent my husband over to our neighbors for a drink & I am putting my feet up. I love it when my kids have days like today, it really feels like summer has begun. We completely enjoyed everything our home has to offer and I can feel like a "super mom" for a little while. It's a nice feeling to give your children a day like this - when they can stay up late, night swim, play, eat their favorite foods, be kids and just hang out relishing an L.A. summer day. Life is good, life is VERY good! Tomorrow, can it be all about me?

2 comments:

The Mrs. said...

You aere a supermom! I think we need to meet up. I need to know the only other prep in LA!

Hopsy said...

Wow, what a day! I commend you! You are a wonderful mother!